Sunday, November 7, 2010

FAT QUARTER CLUB/BIRTHDAY

It was my birthday on Friday, and I am in a fat quarter club, where you purchase two fat quarters for each of the group as it is their birthday.
One forgets that when it is her birthday that you are the one opening all the envelopes.
I had a big shopping bag full of envelopes and as we travelled to Brisbane, I was the passenger, so had a ball opening each of the envelopes.  It was a great birthday afterall.  I couldnt get over that these had all come from other wonderful stitchers that I have met through blogging.  It still just blows me away as to how committed everyone is.
Nice work - and thankyou everyone for their lovely fabrics - great choice and looking forward to putting together my Black and White quilt with these gorgeous fabrics.
Thank you Kerry/Bec/Chookyblue/Dale/Jennifer/Bec/Fiona/Anita/Gai/Lea & Alison
It certainly put a smile on the dial as I opened each of them.
*********

Separtely in our FIS Group (our online stitching group)
I was sent these lovely fabrics - "Rural Jardin" from the French General range -  to put together a mini quilt
from our Group member - Leanne.

10 comments:

Sue said...

Happy belated Birthday Dawnie.
Lovely fabrics and such cute pincushions too. Makes being another year older seem ok!

Chookyblue...... said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY..........all those fat 1/4's look beautiful........
also lovely fabrics from Leanne.........

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday for last Friday...Lovely B & W's you got..
cheers

Kylie said...

Hi Dawnie Glad to see you had a wonderful birthday. I was a little late getting your parcel away. I left it to my husband to send - bad idea. Anyway it should arrive early next week. Luv Kylie xxx

Anita said...

Happy Birthday Dawnie - glad you liked all the fabrics!

Allie said...

Well happy birthday to YOU!!!!!!! Wow, how lovely is that. What pattern are you going to use for your black and white quilt? I've been saving b&w's too but not sure what I'm going to make yet.

Jo in TAS said...

Happy Birthday Dawnie! YOu've received some gorgeous fabrics!

Bec said...

So pleased you had a fantastic time opening your parcels! Here's to starting your quilt now!
The rural jardin from FIS is just beautiful....

Jackie's Stitches said...

Happy Belated Birthday! What a wonderful way to celebrate with all those delicious fat quarters.

Margo in Maine said...

Merry Christmas...I am finally checking out everyone...been very busy...I just love black and white...my very favorite color to work with...I actually have a black and white kitchen (cupboards and woodwork)...

Blog Archive