Monday, November 5, 2012

How Nice to have some Online Stitching Friends!!

Today I was very excited to receive a lovely birthday gift from one of our "online" stitching ladies - the lovely Christine.

Every time one of the group has a birthday one person is selected to make for just one person.

The theme for this year was"  Cook.   Eat,   Grow

I was delighted with these gifts, and tastefully done in some Japanese Fabrics  as she knows I am very partial to Japanese fabrics.


How cute are these oven mitts!!!

Perfect to use with my new bakeware I received today too from family.
Just Love the Kitchen!!!!
********

Oh... and some other lovely things received today at home  from family/friends:

and a gorgeous hand knitted Angora scarf and uh Blue Illusion voucher (lucky me)
all wrapped beautifully  in a "Japanese" themed bag.  Who would know I love the world of Kokeshi's and Japanese things  these gifts were from a special friend -


and lastly.... to finish off the day beautifully a lady whom I first worked in when I started in travel back in 1980!!!!  She just happened to be passing through today and we caught up for lunch.
I am feeling old seeing I have know her for so many years and not seen her for many years.


Have had a great day all round
hearing from family/friends .
thank you everyone to make having another birthday not seeming too painful.

10 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a day...glad it was so good for you Dawnie....lots of lovely gifts....how lucky are we!!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Dawnie. I'm so glad you had such a happy day and got so well spoiled. X

Chookyblue...... said...

Happy birthday......lovely gifts.......

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Lovely presses Dawnie. Looks like you had a lovely day :)

Anita said...

Happy birthday!! Glad you had a nice day!!xx

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Happy happy birthday Dawnie...I spy an eiffel tower tea towel there!

Deb R said...

Happy Happy Birthday Miss Dawnie xxxx Ive noted the day now hehehehe...
I think you got very spoilt from Christine, lovely gifts!!

Maree: said...

Lovely Gifts Dawnie Belated Birthday Wishes.
Cheers

shez said...

Happy birthday Dawnie,love all your wonderful gifts and especially love what Christine made for you.xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Happy Birthday Dawn. I hope your day was special. I have come to your blog from Susan's of Thimble stitch. Just lovely.

Blog Archive