Sunday, August 24, 2014

Missing From Blogland... Agan!!!!!


Well, I did have some pics at Sydney airport before I left to prove I had my stitching with me, however, cannot find those pics.


I have just returned from the most a m a z i n g trip - something that hubby and I have wanted to do for many years, and we decided t his was year.

We have just returned from a fabulous River Cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam.
I have to say it was just fabulous.

Now - it is all back to reality.
Of course I havent lost my passion for Stitching, however can say that there I didnt get as near much as what I had planned and took with me as was constantly distracted from the gorgeous Scenerery.

I did manage to find a couple of Patchwork shops though so was beside myself.
Something that I have wanted to do for many years.
Thought I would share a pic.

This is the first Patchwork shop I found.
It was in Rothenburg , Germany
Just love the buildings around here.

Shop was closed for lunch, but luckily opened a few hours later,
so you can sense yes I was first in the door!!!






And this was the lovely lady who served me.
We did well with the language barrier.
ie I showed how much I wanted and she cut.


Then in Amsterdam I was excited to find this shop::


until..... I read the opening hours.
It Was Thursday!!!!! and they  opened, frustration plus!!!!
and we were leaving the next day - grrrrrr



then .... just next door was this lovely little shop!!!!
I didnt think it would appeal, until I walked in




 So ,  naturally I had to go in, and of course I couldnt leave there without purchasing, so purchase a Quiltmania book and I was served by this delightful lady.




 Now best I get back on track and get back to Stitching.!!!!!!'

Stitching pics soon - I hope!!!!!

10 comments:

Susan said...

A good patchworker can find a patchwork shop anywhere! Such a cute blue building, perfect for a patchwork shop. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip, it's something I'd love to do one day too. Lots of happy memories made I'm sure.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Welcome home Dawnie......great photos......

Cheryll said...

Oh it looks wonderful! And a quilter ALwaYs finds quilt shops...no matter where in the world they are...lol

Michelle Ridgway said...

Such quaint stores. Loved your photos. Welcome back x

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawnie ,wow what a wonderful trip and thankyou for sharing.xx

Chookyblue...... said...

how special.......glad you got to do it.....

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Welcome back Dawnie...what a fabulous trip!

Unknown said...

Those Cruises look Fab glad you enjoyed it....
Great Shops you found too
Lovely photos xx

Fiona said...

welcome back Dawn... what a lovely trip to go on.... glad you found some nice shopping to do too!!

Hugz

Anita said...

What a wonderful trip! And how cute were those buildings! We are hoping to go to Europe next year, no river cruise....but I'm not complaining! lol

Blog Archive