Monday, April 2, 2012

A Surprise Gift for a Friend

Suzie and I have been making a surprise quilt for her brother.
It was themed about capturing his African adventures
and was fun designing and putting it together.

Yesterday was the day to give it to him.



So he took us out to morning tea at the promenade for breakfast - these banana pancakes were really "choice".  And in the background you will see the donut of "appliqué thread"  lucky me.  This was given to me by John as a thank you  (but I think Suzie must have told him I was craving for one of those).

 Not sure what cream they use on these pancakes but it was delish - tasted sour with lemon in it.
If anyone knows how to make it - please do let me know!!!!

6 comments:

Susan said...

It can be hard to give a quilt away, but they are the most special gifts. I'm sure John was thrilled with all your work. Now that you have all that threaad can we expect to see lots of EPP?

Cardygirl said...

Great quilt!

Unknown said...

A Beautiful Gift Dawnie know wonder he is Smiling...
Your Morning Tea looks Delish!!
cheers

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a fantastic quilt Dawnie...and yummo

Chookyblue...... said...

oh wow the quilt came up so well............breaky looks yummo...

Rebecca said...

Love seeing the finished quilt and the pancakes look yummm
Hugs Bec

Blog Archive