Thursday, October 8, 2009

HUG SWAP 2009 RECEIVED






What a brilliant swap this was - organised by Jenny from Elephantz and Vicki from Toss's Corner .

A big thank you to my swap partner Allie

The above is a picture of the wonderful  Mug Hug Wrap  and Mug Mat that she did for me.

The photos dont do the same  justice as the visual eye, as the fine needlework that she has done is just so impeccably neat.  I really like the Serendipity fabric she has used, and she has finished it off with a nice little running stitch to add that "country" feel.  Congrats Allie - you have done a great job and I really do like it.  It is too nice to use. 


**********

Allie really gave me a challenge, as she likes something way off my rector scale - she likes Pink/Vintage and Retro.  So that really set me on my paces, but she assures me she likes it.





This was an enjoyable swap and I look forward to blogging around to look at allthe others.
How lovely it is to have someone have made something for you and sent half way around the world to arrive in your letterbox!!!!


7 comments:

Margo in Maine said...

How cute!!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Dawnie, Allie is one of my dearest friends and I guarantee you she ADORED the set you made her...and I was jealous cause you did the sweetest set I've ever seen!! You have a great eye for colour and making something out of your comfort zone is a challenge, but WOW, you did good!!!
Hugs
Jenny

paulette said...

Both are just lovely!! What a thoughtful swap! Something to really cherish!
Paulette

Allie said...

Yep, you're right, it's strange seeing something I've made on your blog, lol!!!! I just hope you're half as thrilled as I am with your swap goodies. You're a dear!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Dawnie...great swap you were in...love those Mug Hugs!!!

Sarah said...

Both are lovely Dawnie! You did a great job with yours out of your range!
x Sarah

Miss Muggins said...

They are both wonderful, so many virtual hugs!

Blog Archive