Monday, March 26, 2012

NUNDLE - GDITH 2012 - Saturday - AM

Well the day that everyone had been waiting for - a re-union from the previous year and to meet some bloggers whom we had not met before.

This GDITH was put together by Kerry for yet another good year.  The excitement always builds leaving up to re- meeting with girls from previous years and to meet new bloggers whims I knew by name, but not in person.

This year we had to make a name tag which was much easier to meet faces, as it is always hard to try and talk to everyone in the room when there is over 100.

This was my name tag:


Next we all eagerly awaited to get into the Hall to see where we had been seated and what new faces we would meet:

There's a long story that goes with this one that am sure you will see hop up around the blogs. But.. it was started by "Tracie" who made these chooks to represent two of the popular bloggeres not able to attend at the last minute   Peg and Dale.  In short this is a picture of them  awaiting to get into the hall for the workshop.

Once in the hall we were presented with these lovely brown paper bags awaiting us at the table
and full of goodies.

And our Tutor for the Day - the lovely Sue Daley famous for her 
 paper piecing techniques and patterns.


This is a picture of the finished project that we were attempting -
using the Clam Shells.  This is not mine however, I only managed the first 2 roow
too much talking!!!!

And Project 2 was the Star shape and hexagons.  I only managed to piece 3 diamonds of the star.
Next time I think I will need sticky tape so that I cannot talk so much.

well.... as least I made a start.....

And the gorgeous Chookyblue can you believe so dedicated and doing lots.

Out table consisted of  with Deb and Suzie, myself along with 






and Tracie  on the end.  Check the table out!!! so many bits of paper, material/patterns coffee mugs etc

Prior to attending the workshop we were send in the mail a "kit" pincushion to complete.
This is the one I received - it was from Betty in Tamworth - a lovely job she has done.

and I have never done paper piecing before so it was a shock to the system.
I had the apple core shape to make into a pincushion.
Poor Deb was the recipient!!!!

Everyone busy 

I was pleased to meet  Jenny  whom I had met via blogging but not in person
and at this table were Cath and Belinda along with Peg and Dale "chooks".
to be continued...........


4 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

loving all the pics Dawnie........I didn't get much done........I am sure you could still talk with your lips stuck up so it would be a waste of sticky tape........

Chookyblue...... said...

loving all the pics Dawnie........I didn't get much done........I am sure you could still talk with your lips stuck up so it would be a waste of sticky tape........

Jo in TAS said...

Love your name tag Dawnie!

May Britt said...

Wish I could come and join you at this happening some day :) Lots of vitamin Q

Blog Archive